Sunset at Seawall

Here is another seascape for the WC. The location is called Seawall and it is a very under photographed area of Acadia NP( which is a good thing because I like to go there). :grinning: The trick is to time the sunset around high tide to catch some wave action.

Thanks for taking a look and leaving a comment or suggestion.

Nikon D700, Nikon 17-35 @ 35 mm, f 11 @ 1/5 sec, ISO 1000, cable release & tripod

Beautiful wave stop action with great colors going on with it. A most enjoyable view.

Super wave action. I like the way the color-streaked clouds mimic the fracture pattern in the foreground rocks - it serves to frame the waves quite well.

Ed, perfect stop action scene with the crashing waves here. The pastel / magenta colors in the sky, water, and rock area provides for a very fine sunset scene…:+1:
The small point jetting out in the scene on the right was a good call here IMO. I like that distant perspective for our eyes to transition towards…:sunglasses:

Sweet image, Ed. I like how the foreground rocks mimic the diagonal clouds even down to the pink shades scattered in the rocks. Colors are sublime. Wave action is just right. One small nit- I would clone out the buoy on the horizon left of center.

Thanks folks @Harley_Goldman, @Bonnie_Lampley, @Paul_Breitkreuz and @Michael_Lowe for your thoughts; they are always appreciated.

Your timing looks great, Ed. The fine wave splashes and the gentle colors in the sky are very inviting.

I like the blurred spray from the waves, Ed. A fine composition.

A dramatic scene with great pastel colors and exciting action, Ed! Oceans are always wide open spaces so this works great for the challenge.