Suspended Animation

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 800, 1/500 @ f8
We have an orange orb weaver spider (images pending) that has built a pretty impressive web underneath one of our maple trees. This leaf got snagged on a web fiber and was dancing in the breeze. The combination of subject, light, texture, BG and bokeh was too inviting to miss. All comments welcome. >=))>

1 Like

Wow! The leaf itself is amazing, but to see the strand of the web holding it is wonderful! Beautifully framed, hanging there is space, with the BG colors echoing those in the leaf.

Way too cool, Bill. When I saw it in the thumbnail, I was trying to figure out how that leaf was just suspended in mid air, then I read your comment and made it large. Looking forward to your spider photos too.

Amazing Bill. Love. . love . . love the background, just gorgeous. I’m with @Shirley_Freeman, can’t wait to see the spider.

Bill, What is not to like with this one? I love the detail in the leaf and the background makes it stand out well. I did not even notice the web strand holding on to the leaf until it was pointed out. I think this is a framer. Thank you for sharing, Brian

Oh, I love this! :+1: It’s wonderful as is, but it might be interesting to warm up the leaf a bit.

Bill, it’s a great catch (both by you and by the spider). The web strand is nicely minimized, causing a neat initial, “how did he do this?”. The bokeh adds a fine touch of warmth.

What a neat image and talk about hanging by a thread. Very well seen and executed. I also like the bokeh. Really nice.

Great image! I am sure most people would have ignored an old dried leaf, but its suspension in a spider web makes it most interesting and outstanding. Great details on the leaf. background has a nice bokeh.

Wow man. This is one of an kind. Really amazed! that web holding the leaf just shows the strength of something so delicate. No nit picks from me. Wonderful all around!