Swan Ice Landing 2

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Tundra Swan (Cygnus columbianus)

Another image from an exceptional morning at the local Wildlife Refuge. The fog was just starting to thin out so this isn’t quite as blue as the last one. Still a fun catch.

Specific Feedback

Any comments appreciated.

Technical Details

600mm, 1/2500 sec @ f/8, ISO 640

A few more interlopers, David, but a very nice catch indeed. Fog is always appealing to me and with that light coming through theses shots are really special.

Really nice David. Love the pose of the middle bird. Nice treatment of the fog. I like the space on top of the image. Well done.

@Dennis_Plank and @Allen_Sparks thank you for the kind comments. It was a pretty incredible experience.

I got behind again but have to pop in late with another wow! The ice and fog puts it way over the top! The other one was so fantastic, but this one is an easy 99%. What an incredible opportunity!! You managed a very nice composition that conveys the scene. The guy in the middle seems to be wind-sailing.

Thanks Diane. It was an awesome morning.

David: the fog gives a dreamy and soft atmosphere to the photo. Very nicely done.