Take Off!

Description: I was going through some older photos and discovered a series of osprey images. The nesting platform was constructed several years ago and has been occupied by ospreys. This photo is an experiment as it was a 65-70% crop and I was able to successfully upscale it with the Enhance feature of Adobe Camera Raw. I also removed several vertical white reflections that spanned the BG as well.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500 600mm f4 (1/1600 sec at f6.3, ISO 1800) In Lightroom–Topaz DeNoise, Curves, Crop for Comp; Adobe Camera Raw-- Enhance; Photoshop rubber stamp tool for vertical OOF reflections removal.

Is this a composite?

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

jameszablotny

1 Like

Very good, Jim. You must have really nailed the focus in the original to get this good an image out of it. The take-off pose is excellent as is the detail and I don’t see any evidence of your background cleanup. Well done.

1 Like

Great launch shot. The oof background really makes the Osprey and nest stand out. The focus is right on and not showing any evidence of being a cropped long shot.

1 Like

Gorgeous sharpness and tonal detail! What an intent look and pose!

1 Like

A great feeling of looming powerin this shot, jim, especially with those talons so clearly visible. I love the composition.

1 Like

Excellent job on timing, detail, and composition. A dynamic flight shot!

1 Like