Tengger Desert

I was hoping the woman in the photo would move to the top of the dune, but she just wasn’t budging

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
1/200 sec @ f 10, ISO 100, 55mm

Hi Marc, I think the woman stands out more where she is rather than where you preferred; she may have been a little lost with the darker background. This is certainly a fine example for this week’s WC. The light blue of the sky provides a nice tonal contrast with the varied hues of the sand. Placement of the tall foreground dune off center was a good choice, and the footprints tell a story. Well seen!

1 Like

Feels very isolated, Marc. And, I too like the woman where she is, like is is indecisive about where to go next. Beautiful photo, very nicely seen and captured.

1 Like

Wonderful lighting, Marc, and the dunes are incredible. You were at just the right height. The woman’s position still works well.

1 Like

@Marc_Brawer - I really like the color tones and the dreamy feel. I like that the woman had the lighter background and actually what I see is that she has more distance to go. She hasn’t reach the end of the story, so I can anticipate and trace the path she is taking.

1 Like

Marc, the golden dunes, getting lighter in the distance make a fine 3D presentation. I think the woman’s position is excellent. Where she is makes her part of the scene, were she on top of that dune, she would be dominating the scene. BTW the tracks along the shadow side of the ridge make it clear that she’s already walked past the peak.

1 Like