Tennessee Warbler

Costa Rica seems like a long way to go for one of these, but we don’t get them in the pacific Northwest. Our plane got into San Jose at 5:32 AM so this was at our breakfast stop on the way to our first lodge. While the backgrounds were far from ideal, the restaurant our guide picked was wonderful for birds.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, f/11 (an accident from trying to frame two birds just previously), 1/250, iso 3200, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 6529x4776. Taken at 7:51 AM on April 16th.

1 Like

Gorgeous environment with a perfect pose! It might be worth touching out the two details on the top and bottom of the right edge – the edge of the small branch at the top and the light area at the bottom.

Thanks, @Diane_Miller. Thats a good idea. I should have caught those.

Excellent color and plumage detail with wonderful pose. Agree with Diane’s suggestion. I also saw and photographed this warbler in Costa Rica. I’m ready to hear more about your trip and see more photos.

Nicely done, Dennis. Good details of a fine-looking bird. We get this warbler here in Oklahoma as they migrate through, but I haven’t seen one this year, yet. I would expect them from now until the middle of May, but migration seems to be a bit behind this year.

Wondered were you were, Dennis. Nice pose and detail. Looking forward to more from your trip.

HI Dennis
Some-day, I will go on birding trip. The soft light and fine detail set the mood for this shot. The framing works, with a branch guiding my eye up to the Warbler. Nice work.
Peter

Beautiful capture, Dennis. Excellent pose on the bird.

Tennessee warblers are often missed because of their somber coloration. I like the pose and you have just enough of the green back captured which contrasts with the gray on the head. Well done…Jim