The Dragon's Mouth Orchid

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500 105mm micro (1/100 sec at f18, ISO 200) Levels, Topaz DeNoise AI, Shadows and Highlights, Brightness & Contrast, Added canvas to RH side, cropped for comp, rubber stamp tool to remove BG blemishes. I had to lean out over the bog while lying on my stomach from the boardwalk. The BG is my white umbrella as the surrounding vegetation created a very busy background. Not the easiest orchid to photograph and a true symbol of what is left of the American wilderness.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Beautiful flower and an excellent image, Jim. Plants like this are really tough to photograph, and you did nicely. I remember the showier woods flowers getting rarer in Michigan as I grew up.

1 Like

Jim, love this rendition . Soft and beautiful. One of my favorites.
Wayne

1 Like

Jim: Marvelous find and a superb capture and presentation. I like this profile POV. Very nicely done.>=))>

1 Like

Jim, this is a lovely look at this orchid. Your umbrella makes a fine background that really shows off the shape of the orchid.

1 Like