The first ray of the sun

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

When I went on a hike in the nice and gentle hills around Pisa, in Tuscany, I have taken many photos but this was the first of all of them, just in the moment that the first ray of the sun reached and climbed over the hill. This is always an exciting and fleeting moment for the photographer.

Specific Feedback

Would you like better more saturated colors?

Technical Details

Zii, Nikkor Z 28-75mm - 1/90, f/11, ISO 800.

2 Likes

Giuseppe, che bella foto e che luce! The FG looks like velvet. The light and shadow play is captivating. I especially like the human element way in the BG giving the viewer a sense of dimension of the entire scene.

I think the colors are fine as presented.

Oh my! This is so seductive. The folds look like velvet. I can almost feel them. The overall darkness contributes to this sensation I think.

No words, just so beautiful !!

This is a really beautiful image, the textures, curves and colours work so well together, well worth getting up early . The only think I’d prefer different is perhaps to have a little bit more space above the buildings. The colours are I think perfect, they have that submlime, fleeting, early morning tonality to them.

Golden light, shadows, velvety hills…beautiful image!

There is such sublime texture in the foreground grasses like it’s almost synthetic. It’s very painterly because of this. The shadow play and the warm, dancing light create terrific depth. There is just enough of the background buildings to give a sense of scale and place but I wouldn’t want it to dominate by having much more. I think the colors are believable and just about perfect. I thought about wanting to pull out that little dirt path on the left edge but I don’t think takes away anything from the image and may in fact give meaning to buildings in the background. All this to say that I don’t think I would change a thing about this. Well seen and executed scene.

Gigi: Simply marvelous light and colors! My first glance at the thumbnail made me think this was in the Palouse region of Washington state. Superbly crafted image. >=))>