The Hunter wears Camo Too

I had to go back to 2017 for this female Least Bittern, but I’m glad I did as I found several images worth working on from this day that I’d never gotten to. For purposed of displaying the camouflage, the only processing I did here was crop and run some noise reduction; a big difference from all the work I did on my original posts of this bird to make it pop from the background.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 283 mm, hand held, f/8, 1/640, iso 1250. Processed in LR & PS CC. taken on April 12th 2017 on Padre Island, Texas.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Wonderful photo of this Least Bittern, Dennis. I like how you’ve processed (or not processed as the case may be) leaving the reeds to mimic the patterns in the birds feathers. Along with his beak, which also looks like it could be a reed. Really nice photo.

Dennis, this is a fine, “true to life”, image of this bird blending in well with it’s surroundings. The slightly open beak and its stance speak well about it’s prowling through the cattails and reeds.