The lake, the dam and the path

The powers that be have finally opened up the Canyon Lake park. This photo is taken from an over look where you can see the lake, the dam and many of the paths that lead to the lake. Great place to hike, swim, fish or just enjoy the view.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Didn’t do much in post processing. Lighten the black rocks of the dam and toned down the clouds. Any thing else?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

I really liked how the angles of the water, dam and grass/shrubs come together. Does this type of composition work? Any other thoughts welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D7200, with polarizer filter, f/16, 1/60 ec., iso200, 34mm.

Appreciate your thoughts, thanks.

It sure looks inviting with the path leading down towards the lake. I hope this is close to your home, Linda, so you can frequent it often. I like the composition.

Thanks for your kind thoughts Shirley. And yes, the lake is about 5 minutes from our home.

1 Like

Linda, the path does a fine job of inviting a visit. You’ve got a good mix of land, water and sky. That’s a fine collection of “Mexican Hat” coneflowers along the path.

The composition works fine for me, Linda - and especially I like the way the fg is bathed in sunlight and seen against the darker tones of the mid- and far distance.

Thanks @Mark_Seaver and @Ian_Wolfenden, appreciate your thoughts and comments. I only wish the sun had been out a bit more as the lake turns the most beautiful aqua marine color. But I’m learning to take them as I can. Thanks again.