The Slumbering Giant

This image was taken a few years back on a visit to Washington state. We were camping at Fort Ebey on Whitney Island north of Seattle and in the morning I went out to shoot having totally no idea what I was going to photograph. Imagine my suprise when I saw Mount Rainier rising high above the water. I shot a few frames including this one with the ferry which I liked because it adds another interesting element to the photo.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments and suggestions are welcome! :slight_smile:

Technical Details

4 Likes

This is stunning and love how all the layers of light work so well. It gets my attention because of the colors. Well done!

Sensational image Tom. I just came back from Washington State and we did a whale watching tour and this brings me back to that moment. The light hitting the mountain is what makes this image and I love the boat being included so it’s not so static and those colors are so soft and ethereal. Now if you just had a whale tail sticking up. :joy:

1 Like

Gorgeous image Tom. It has a surreal fantasy feel to it. The layers work well and give it a great sense of depth. The soft pastel colours are inviting and make me wish I was there.

This is an inviting beauty, Tom. The ferry is a fine addition that adds some context. The colors are very painterly.

Beautiful Tom! I love the pastel colors. The ferry is a perfect addition. Nicely done!

A very realistic ferry going to a magical land. Exquisite!

@Tom_Nevesely The light is really lovely in this image. It’s very peaceful and I think the ferry adds some life without distracting from the beauty of nature and the cohesiveness of the image. It’s quite unobtrusive. Lovely!

@Julie_Steelman , @David_Haynes , @AndreDonawa , @Mark_Seaver , @Steve_Kennedy , @JohnSnell , @karlag - thank you all so much for taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate each and everyone of them and you. :slight_smile:

As a native Puget Sounder, I love that you included the ferry in this shot. It’s beautiful, Tom.