The way in

Specific Feedback Requested

As always all feedback is more than welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

Love the mood and color palate. Nice image Ben!

1 Like

The lighting is great and I like how the colors are managed. The composition is unorthodox.

@Igor_Doncov , Thank you Igor. I 'm going to try your suggestion.

The light and the colors are very well done here Ben. This darker, lower contrast processing for a forest scenes has created a very painterly look. Is this from autumn, or is it from winter? It looks like it could be either one.

While the composition is as @Igor_Doncov said, a bit unorthodox, there is more symmetry and balance to it than first meets the eye. When viewed larger, the background tree trunks on the right become more prominent and add some balance. The more “classic” comp here would be a crop from the right to a square aspect ratio, but I give you some credit for stretching a bit and taking a risk to try something different. I like it as presented.

@Ed_McGuirk , Ed, The image was made in autumn 2020. I had a big doubt about the whole. So, I let it rest some time (best way to come at a better feeling about the composition ). It’s probably unorthodox (as also @Igor_Doncov mentioned ) because of my lack of knowledge about rules. And maybe for me that is an advantage .
You and Igor are also pulling me out of my small photographic dip by analyzing this image. Thank you both again.

1 Like

We are so fortunate to be shown scenes through your lens and heart that we might otherwise not see. I was very much of the opinion that The Way In was to the left, and therefore the right side should be cropped, with the conventional square result. That was a week ago. But the left way seems to lead only a short way into the woods perhaps to no destination, and the right side, to which my eye is drawn by the bright material in lower right, does not seem to have an end. Very Zen. One hand clapping.

This image did not immediately catch my eye, but when enlarging it I found the image very intriguing. You get caught, and the longer looking at it the more you like it! Very well captured and your composition works very well.

@Dick_Knudson , Thank you for looking more than once at this image. You did understand my intention with it. It makes my happy.

@Ola_Jovall . thank you so much for this comment !