Then and Now

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Chrissy and I snuck off to California for a long weekend and our four year old granddaughter’s birthday. Our son took us on a tour of the Queen Mary and I was able to take my drone and get a number of stills and videos. I don’t think I had the polarizer oriented properly thus the bright reflection on the water but so it goes. Quite a contrast between the nearly 90 year old luxury liner and a modern cruise ship. For an old guy like me I think I’ll take the Queen. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

DJI Mini 3 Pro
ISO 100, 1/40 @ f1.7, 64ND CPL

Bill, yes quite the juxtaposition and high contrast between the liners. The overall lighting on this day was very nice indeed. I have not been in this area in many years now.
It was not too long after the Q-1 was brought to Long Beach in 1967 when in the early 70’s that I installed the I.T.T. 400-A EPABX telephone system at the main Port Authority building just to the right of the docking area here. Not sure that building is even in the mix down there now. Years later in the 80’s I attended a large banquet for several telecom companies on the Q-1.
Lots of history down there… :sunglasses: