These are a few of my favorite things

I didn’t get to participate as much as I had wanted this past year, but below are a few of my favorite photos. For me, I like the abstract quality of each, along with their respective energies and movement.
Would love to hear your thoughts?
Looking forward to having more time to “wander” this next year.

#1 - Paperwhite - ICM

#2 - The lake

#3 - Mesmerized - reflections of a local pier

#4 - Reflections - from the local marina

All taken with Nikon D7200 on tripod.

All interesting but I absolutely love “Paperwhite”. Stunning. It reminds me of a Hannukah menorah with candles lit, which is to say, it reminds me of this time of year - solstice and the return of light.

Thank you, Kerry. I appreciate your kind thoughts and reflections.

Oh, yes - Paperwhite is very cool. Lots of energy and I like your interpretive colors.

Thanks so much, Bonnie

Nice collection. I am really enjoying the simplicity and elegance of the lake.

Thanks, Harley. This area of the lake is a favorite spot of mine.

The first image is stunning. Perfect colors, shapes, lighting. Very creative and abstract.

All are very nice, but I also find the first image grabs my attention.

What a wonderful collection of images, all with their own special qualities. I love the first, “paperwhite” but “the lake” is a close second. I’m pleased I don’t have to choose!

I love Paperwhite too. Why this title, Linda?

If I’m not mistaken, @Mike_Friel she took a photo of paperwhite leaves - they’re a type of daffodil, I think. Correct me if I’m wrong, @linda_mellor.

This is a lovely set with a clear vision behind each one. I hope you get more time to create and share your work in 2022.

1 Like

Thanks @David_Schoen, @Bill_Pelzmann, @glennie, @Mike_Friel and @Kris_Smith for your kind thoughts. Yes, Kris and Mike the plant was a fading paperwhite, which is a type of daffodil. The title just struck me, as I was thinking of " favorite things" . . .the song in the Sound of Music movie sung by Julie Andrews popped into my head. Perhaps a bit of a stretch. Thanks again.

1 Like

Linda, these are all excellent. Paperwhite, looks like neither paper or white, but it is spectacular. The dancing colored flames are totally joyful. I also love the quiteness of The Lake, it’s worth hanging and staring into when ever you need some quite contemplation.

What I like about all of them is the simplicity of calm.

Thank you, @Mark_Seaver and @Chris_Calohan. I’m glad you’re enjoying them.

1 Like

A very nice collection of images, Linda. My favorite is the first one.