Three by three

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

What are probably Plover tracks on Long Island, Maine, where I spent an day with my two oldest friends just wandering beaches and being happy in each other’s company.

I do a lot of minimalism with snow during winter, so it was a treat to be able to do something similar in summer. This one resonates with me more than some of the rest because of the bit of grass - it adds tension and a dynamic element that makes the whole thing more interesting.

Specific Feedback

General impressions and ideas for processing.

Technical Details

Handheld

The usual S-curve for contrast and also some texture and clarity. A bit of a crop and rotation and some distraction removal. Nothing too major other than the B&W conversion.

1 Like

Kris: Of course you know I like this kind of image and this is a good one. Just the right amount of subject and one wonders where this critter was headed. Well seen, captured and presented. >=)>

1 Like

Thanks @Bill_Fach - yup, I see you spend a lot of time looking down, too. This is part of the “series” I shot in June that I wrote about in your other beach image. The little birds were not far off and sort of skittering here and there in the surf. Quite fun to watch. Made me wish I had my 100-400 with me, but I didn’t so I contented myself with this type of thing.

1 Like