Three toes in the sand

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Back in June I spent a day with my two oldest friends on Long Island off the coast of Portland, ME. Being who we are, we were content with riding bikes from beach to beach and just enjoying the company and the surroundings. It had been a while since I was by the ocean with a camera so came away with some photos that are very different to my woodland and kayaking work.

This one, of what we think are Plover tracks since we saw several in the area, reminds me of what I do in snow - very minimal and graphic. Some of the places the birds walked were more littered with debris, but I liked this arrangement with one piece of sea grass.

Specific Feedback

Does the negative space work for you? Open to processing ideas. Oh and there are four tracks in the original frame, but I cropped one because generally threes work better than anything. Used a brush to emphasize each footprint.

Technical Details

Handheld

Lr for all processing including the monochrome conversion, a crop and slight rotation, horizontal flip & some distraction removal.

Very cool!! I love the little pigeon-toed footprints and the piece of grass is somehow perfect! Something like, ooops, we can’t make it past that? The shadows of the indentations and the texture of the sand are wonderful!

Kris, This week’s challenge is Hot Weather, Negative space isn’t for two more weeks. Looks like someone drew “a line in the sand”. The bird tracks are nicely clear.

Yeah, that was my bad Mark and I tried to put this one into storage or something using some tools I haven’t tried before. Not sure if only Mods can see this or everyone with what I tried. Maybe @David_Kingham can weigh in.

Yes, only mods can see it now, but if you relist it in a couple weeks nobody will see it because it will fall to the bottom in the feed. I would recommend saving your text and then repost it when that challenge is live.

Ok thanks. Thought I could be all fancy and stuff! :laughing:

Ok, after my inability to look at dates properly, I think I have this posted right. Oy vey. Some days the brain just don’t work good.