Three's a Crowd

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 200, 4 secs @ f32
Continuing my iris series with a combo of three blooms. All comments welcome. >=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I very much like this composition, both lines and the location of yellow patches. There is a natural ‘centre’ near the (3/5, 3/5) spot. Yellow and blue form a really pleasant combination of colours. I only wish the lrc were a bit less bright. Apart from this minor point, very nice. (You could try a stack with f/11 or so, if you have enough patience…)

These are sweet…inspiring, each one better than the last. I agree on toning down the LHC.

Sure you’re not violating the laws on torture cramming that many irises together, Bill? A very cool arrangement and extremely well photographed. I like this a lot.

Crazy good arrangement. Love the petal’s curl in the center. It holds its own against the more obvious yellow highlights. Very nicely done.

Coming in late on this one. This is really cool, Bill. I love the primary blue and gold arrangememt. FYI, the Iris blooms down in Lafitte are a real treat if you can catch them in a good year.