Three's a Crowd

We have a couple of Regina Iris groups in our garden. They do not like cold and the last two winters have been rough on them but my master gardener has rehabilitated them with careful trimming. We have had few flowers so far and this bunch was damaged more severely than the other but it’s blooming a little while the apparently healthier bunch stays flowerless. Go figure. These flowers only stay open from early morning to mid afternoon before they start to fade but I caught these this morning crowding each other as they showed off. All comments welcome. >=))>

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/50 @ f16

2 Likes

Those colors are awesome, Bill. I was just at our local Iris farm/garden this morning shooting some of these. You’ve done a terrific job with the focus area and the oof areas too. Well done.

Nicely done. These Iris are beautiful. I’ve never seen anything like them. Too bad they don’t bloom longer, but I guess their short life makes them more special.

1 Like

Bill, I just love the colors of these beautiful Iris. What a nice cluster of them. So glad that they showed off for you and you were able to get out there and shoot this beautiful shot while they were fresh. Kudos to the gardener and the photographer! :+1: :+1: