Time for a walk about

This shot’s taken from the Zodiac on July 30, at 7:48AM. as I was trying to keep pace with this juvenile Lesser Yellowlegs. I was hoping to stay parallel with the juvenile and not spook it, this of course only worked for around two minutes.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter.

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.ext, f10, 700mm, 1/1600, ISO 6400. The Shot is cropped by 50%. I adjusted the exposure, highlights, and saturation in DXO Photo Lab 5.

1 Like

I really like the striding pose, Peter. Two minutes doesn’t sound like much, but these days you could almost fill a memory card in that time. I’m somewhat puzzled by the details in this image. The near leg and the bill are both extraordinarily sharp, but the body looks a bit soft and I can’t make that work in my head. Any ideas what might have caused that?

Nice one. Never seen a juvenile yellowlegs before. Like the walking pose you caught him in. The bill looks long compared to the head, which makes me think of a greater, but I wonder if the same holds true in the young ones.

Hi Dennis & Allen
Thank you for the comments. I id it as a lesser not Greater, because of the head feather detail. The same couple of softer feather location (under the eye…) showed the same way on all three shot I keep.
Maybe wet feather?
Peter

Nice series, Peter of an attractive bird. Indeed, parts of the bird seem a little soft, but I cannot explain it. 1/1600s should be enough I’d say. Either way, pleasant images ! Cheers, Hans