Too many fire sticks and shadows

This photo has always intrigued me and captured my attention. The angle of the sun and the slope of the mountainside combine to create these very geometric, diagonal shadows. Unfortunately it is not a popular photo around here as it is a reminder of a terrifying fire event and a forecast of the possibility of future events. I see this fire scar every time I drive in to my house which is only about 1/8 mile away.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony RX10M4
Shot midday, bright light
ISO 100, f4, 1/1000 s, 220 mm

1 Like

This is quite intriguing and really good. Great lines, shape and contrast. Excellent entry.

Excellent entry for the WC, Kelly. Who would think such a barren site could be so interesting. If a person ever needed a stick for something, I’m just saying… :clown_face:

Kelly: Having lived close to an active fire at one time I sympathize with the sentiment. This is a superb image IMO. Really well composed and tells a compelling story. Many :+1: :+1: :+1:>=))>

A very familiar scene to me, although we don’t get that much snow. It’s true that fire-aftermath photos aren’t very popular, but they do make for interesting scenes such as this.

The trees and the shadow lines running diagonally across the frame are quite striking. The change-of-pace in the slope (and rocks) towards the lower left are a nice extra. I wonder if it’s possible for a shot with only tree sticks and diagonal lines, maybe with a clump of the trees that still have their needles… It may not be popular, but it is well seen.