Topsy Turvey

Image:

Description: Mount Rainier in a partially frozen Reflection Lake. I posted this originally several years ago with the mountain “upright” and let folks wonder about the weird clouds. I’ll add the flipped version in the first comment. >=))>

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony A77
Sony DT 16-50 f2.8 SSM @40mm
ISO 100, .8 sec @ f11, CPL

1 Like

The flipped version . . . .

1 Like

Gorgeous shot, Bill, but must admit, no matter which way the photo is, it still messes with my mind! The original reflection one I get, but the mountain is so pure and detailed, it is hard to believe it is a reflection. The second image seems to make more sense, but then I see the sky and can’t figure out what’s in the sky! Great fun and a beautiful photo.

Trippy image. It’s like two completely different images combined. Takes a little bit to fit it all together. It actually tells a good story.

Bill, I remember this view. Both versions are great fun to look at because of the “somethings not right here” first reaction. I wish you’d posted both in the original post, as I was planning to spend some time flipping back and forth to explore the views thoroughly (had to go to plan B, with two windows open). If your goal is to maximize the viewing challenge, then I think the inverted view works best, but it might require an explanation for many viewers.