Topsy Turvy

Mount Rainier NP
Sony A77
Sony DT 16-50 f2.8 @ 40mm
ISO 100, .8 secs @ f11

A somewhat unusual sky but I like it. :thinking::wink: All comments welcome.>=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Those are the most unusual clouds I have even beheld. :grinning: This is a really nice mind bender. It takes a few seconds to click on what I am looking at, which is great. Very enjoyable mage.

Very cool. Had to turn off the auto screen rotate on my iPad to really see what was going on. Kudos. And the signature :grinning:

Bill congratulations on finding an excellent example of the very rare Glaciescumulus cloud formations. Very cleverly seen, this image made my day when I saw it. Nicely doneā€¦

What a great idea! A really unique capture and youā€™ve processed it nicely. Although, someone should probably correct Ed on these clouds so you donā€™t misidentify them. Over mountain elevations with calm conditions needed for the smooth water, these are most likely ā€œStratofrostomusā€ clouds. ā€œGlaciescumulusā€ clouds usually are part of cold front, which is likely to produce more wind. Although Iā€™m not an expert, so there may be other valid opinions. :grin:

This is excellent, Bill. Wonderful clarity and compositional balance. Processing looks good to me.

And here is the original image oriented correctly.:blush:

Thanks for providing the original Bill. If you donā€™t mind my asking, which month of the year was this image taken?

This is pretty neat, Bill. The sky seems almost an impressionistic etched glass abstract of bird is flight. Great idea.

Ed: This was late October 2013. The lake was just starting to ice in the mornings but was gone a couple of hours after sunrise. We had planned to go to Rainier a week earlier but the park was closed due to a government shutdown. We wandered down the Oregon coast instead and while we were there the government reopened. Iā€™m actually glad for the delay.

Bill,

Iā€™m with Harley. A real mind bender!

No nits or suggestions. A great opportunity and great job capturing and processing. Love this one.

Lon