Trumpeter Glide By

One of my favorite Trumpeter Swan photos of 2019. A pair of the swans were gliding slowly by on the other side of the pond and I was able to get right to the water’s edge without alarming them. I put the camera just above the water and used the articulating display to compose the shot.

Sony a6500, SEL100400GM @ 400 mm, ISO-200, f/8.0, 1/1600, hand held.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@garyminish

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Gary, This is a fine look at this Trumpeter. We had a young pair spend the summer at a local wildlife refuge here in MD. The were somewhat used to being fed, since when I went to the pond edge and sat down, they swam over to check me out. They are very majestic and this view shows that off well. I also like all the green surroundings and the nice set of ripples in the water.

I can see where this would be a favorite, Gary. I love the low view in which you shot this. Great detail, in the Trumpeter. The green grasses, and the reflections just makes this even more pleasing.