Trumpeter Glide By

A Trumpeter Swan gliding slowly by on the other side of the pond. I didn’t have my boots on and I had to lean forward over some tall weeds on the water’s edge so I couldn’t get the camera any closer than about a foot above the water without falling in. I used the rear articulating screen to compose the shot. [view large for more presence and detail]

Sony a6500, SEL100400 @ 400 mm, ISO-200, f/8.0, 1/1600, hand held.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

gminish@valdezak.net

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Gary, this is a fine, artsy look at this Trumpeter. The details in the swan look great with the glow adding a painterly sense.

Excellent smooth and rippled water texture. Creates a wonderful foreground and reflection. The detail on the Swan is excellent the environment blends nicely and the Swan pops.

Lovely image, Gary. Nice technique for shooting low. I’m still having issues with the A6500 AF and non-native lenses, but the manual focus with the focus peaking feature seems to be a reasonable alternative for relatively static shots.