Two Little Flowers

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Mood, feel, image impact.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Went out in the front yard today and cut these 2 little flowers (about 1/2" in diameter). 2 off camera flashes, 1 with a soft box, Olympus EM1-II, 60mm f/2.8 Macro, black foam core background Felt good to push the shutter button!

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Hi Keith

These narcissus look good on a black background. I like the shadows on the stems which forces the eyes up to the flowers. Yellows exposed perfectly. I see no reason to throw any nits your way. Well done…Jim

Very natural lighting, Keith, so kudos on your setup. They look really nice against the background. It does feel nice to get out and shoot a little, even in our yards. Nicely done, Keith.

I like the position of the 2 flowers so one is facing the front and the second is more from the side. The background makes the flowers stand out more and your lighting looks perfect.

Great photo image Keith. I love the the way the light was used and how the black background shows the strong contrast.

Oh, perfect! My favorite kind of narcissus. The lighting is perfect. No harsh shadows, and lovely transitions between light and dark.

Keith: Wonderful take on these Narcissus blooms. These are often the first flowers to bloom in our garden every year and ours are long gone and getting ready for next year. Excellent lighting and comp. Top notch shot. >=))>