Canon 5d3
Canon 24-70 2.8L II

ISO 100
28mm
f/7.1
1/400s

@bezzios
4 Likes

Wow, what a great image, Steven. I really get a sense of height here. I think it looks fine as is, but I might consider darkening or cloning out the bright spot at the top of the far right mountain. It keeps pulling my eye from the beautiful scene. We’ll done.

What a beautiful scene Steven. I like the processing of this a lot. It looks natural to my eye. I don’t know if this improves the image or not but the sharp, pointy peak with light in the URC pulls my eye and also makes the horizon just slightly unbalanced so I cropped this from the right to remove it and also cropped just a smidge off the top. Nonetheless, this is really a spectacular setting with terrific light with interesting elements and great mood. Well done Steven.

Now that I see this I think your composition is better. :slight_smile:

What a dramatic view. The splashes of light and flow of the canyons to the distance add to the grandeur. My only thought would be to dodge that distant valley in the center. As is, the darkness cuts of the flow as the eye leads through the frame.

I had actually cropped quite a bit out to try and cut down some of the sky, but maybe it’s best to keep the whole mountain?

I definitely agree the point is distracting

Good advice, I think there are a couple points that could use a little dodging, the sun was poking through the clouds behind me.

1 Like

That point as well as a couple others could use a work, thanks for the advice.
I’m going to conisdering recropping the photo and then dodge out the bright spots a bit. Afterwards I’ll repost the finished photo.