Unexpected Beauty

I was walking in a nature preserve through an area that is sometimes a pond and sometimes isn’t, and this was right in front of me.

Specific Feedback Requested

General feedback.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon EOS 7D Mark II
TAMRON SP 90mm f2/8 Di MACRO 1:1 272EE
1/160sec at f3/2
1 EV
No flash
Aperture priority, pattern metering
ISO 100
Focal length 90mm

@barbjgraham
2 Likes

My first reaction was ‘oh wow’.
My second reaction was ‘oh wow’.

Well done. So crisp - those tiny water droplets stand out like pinheads. That Tamron lens is certainly a winner and so are you for spotting this tiny wonder. The focus fall off is perfectly placed. Brava! I’d try evening out the background a little to see if it makes the sharp areas pop even more.

Thanks very much, Kris!

1 Like

Barbara, the top down look at these water drops on a very shapely plant look great, with the drops standing out very well. While this looks just fine as presented, it also looks like a view where you could play with the crop/comp…centered (like this), tighter centered, off center either left or right, but I’d try off center right first. Well seen.

Thanks very much, Mark!

Beautiful, Barbara. Looks like a jewel. A couple of very minor suggestions, maybe clone out the droplet top edge middle and burn down the brighter green leaf (?) leaving the frame left edge top third. Very minor stuff. I quite like this one.

This is a really nice image! A great subject, and I like how you have used the DOF.

Thanks very much, Harley!

Thank you very much, Ola!