Up & Down

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is a composite of one photo flipped, then blended with itself. I like the rhythm of the reflections (mostly burned trees reflected in a lake with greenish colored water). The small raindrops add in interesting texture, I think.

Specific Feedback

Any comments welcome. I find this aesthetically pleasing - wondering if anyone else does.

Technical Details

Screen Shot 2024-04-05 at 12.09.59 PM
Image copied to itself, flipped, then blended with lighter color blending mode. Some exposure adjustments in PS.

5 Likes

Really am enjoying the simplicity of this image, Bonnie. What a creative idea and very nicely pulled off. Great shot.

Beautiful image Bonnie. The rain rings give it a sense of reality. They bring you back to earth.

Beautiful, Bonnie. I like the way the greenish area is sandwiched between the upper and lower highkey areas and the symmetry to got by flipping it makes it really special for my taste.

A fine image. You’re not alone in finding it pleasing.

Thanks, @Don_Peters, @Dennis_Plank, @Igor_Doncov, and @linda_mellor.

That is one of the features I like about this. And even though one half is flipped, all the raindrop rings look right-side up.

1 Like

Bonnie, this is such a calming image and well executed! Love the raindrops and the tonality. The white space above and below help give this impression of reflections in a puddle. Great job Bonnie.

Beautiful image, Bonnie. I love the simplicity of it and the soft green colors. It’s a very pleasing image that makes me think of spring.

Thanks, @John_Kilgour and @Alfredo_Mora. And thanks for the editor’s pick, Alfredo!

1 Like

A very beautiful image and the rings on the water from the rain make this extra special!

A Bonnie Lampley production, I’d know it anywhere. This is so delicately beautiful. I love the bold, saturated greens. The book-matching works here to the extent that I didn’t even question it. Lovely.

Thanks, @Kerry_Gordon. :slight_smile: