Wabi-Sabi +Rework

Rework

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Wabi-Sabi is a Japanese idea that celebrates the beauty in the imperfect and the natural. It’s about loving the simple and the slightly flawed, showing us that true beauty is found in things that are not perfect.

This image shows the story of life, including all its flaws. Like the lines on a friendly, aged face, the patterns in this sandstone tell tales of toughness and the past. The big crack in the middle could make you think of lightning in a storm or the branches of an old tree. It shows that beauty doesn’t get less with time; instead, it becomes richer and shares deeper stories.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

18 mm at ISO 320 and 1⁄640sec at ƒ/8

2 Likes

Another beautiful abstract form this formation, Saundi. I really like how all the dark lines seem to converge on the one focal point.

1 Like

Thanks Dennis! :pray:

Pretty cool curves and tones here. I know this is nature, but I somehow can’t keep from seeing James Bond at the end of that circle…

1 Like

Very cool take on it Mark! :rofl: Thanks!

You did it again! What a beautifull forms and colors. I like the monochrome brown in the different degrees very much.
You can try to simplify the composition. That will enhance the image. Maybe there are two images in this one, one left with the spiderlike dark forms and one at the right side with the James Bond hole! Maybe, maybe not, try and see.

Saundie, another superb sandstone abstract! The composition looks great to me with enough interesting textures and form across the frame. That bright upper left corner does draw the eye a bit so perhaps a slight crop in would help.

Absolutely wonderful!! I can’t quit seeing the bright circular area as something behind its “frame” – as a circular window into another universe. Sort of the face/vase thing. I sort of want to see more on the left, lust to complete the arc, but maybe not possible. If not, I can fill it in. Maybe a slight burn of the brightest area in the UL…

@HennyJA Thanks Henry, glad you find the browns to your liking. I agree there is more than this in this image, I will take a look at your suggestion and give it a go. Thanks for the feedback and ideas.

@Alfredo_Mora Thanks Alfredo, I burnt in that corner as suggested by Diane, there was more there than I expected.

@Diane_Miller Thanks Diane! Love the thoughts on a window into another universe. Unfortunately this another case of me framing tightly, this image is exactly the way I framed it out there. Thanks for the feedback.