Waiting For The Sun

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any & all!

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any & all!

Canon EOS REBEL T2i
EF-S15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

.3 seconds, f/32, ISO 100, 40mm

Fort Morgan, Alabama sunrise.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hi Jim,

I like the leading line in your image. My eye glows from the lower right corner up to the sunrise.

To my eye it feels as though there’s a little bit of tension around the sunrise due to the panoramic crop. This may be your intention but I’d like to ask what made you choose that crop over a 2:3 aspect ratio?

Nathan

Jim,

I like the vibrant sky and also the panorama crop. I think you’ve struck a nice balance between the sky, the shore and the sea.

Have to say though that the cloning is pretty apparent. Have no idea what was in the original, but both the area on the left in the sand as well as a good portion of the water on the right look to have lots of repeating patterns. A quick look and this is quite pretty. Honestly, technically this falls a bit short . Lot’s of dusties in the sky too.

Lon

Thanks Lon, I appreciate your honesty! I am reposting…I went back to the original and tried keeping my hands off CS5’s super tools…LOL.

This does include a crop and I fixed a couple of ‘bunnies of the dust’. Honestly my eyes aren’t what they used to be, so I think I miss the smaller problems. Doc says I need a cornea transplant but I’m not using that for an excuse! LOL

I want to get this one as right as possible, could you take another look?