What were you Thinking! Repost

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any, my emphasis is the subject emotion.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Photo taken on very cloudy day at f8, ISO 2500, 1/640 sec., at 560mm with Canon 5Ds-r. Thanks for the suggestion Dennis , my repost is zoomed in a little more, cut some limb off to the left and added some space to the right. The limb is a weathered wild blueberry bush. One of several varieties used in my shots. The clone stamp was used on several areas of the branch. Puppet Warp was used to move the male birds head a tad to the right so he would not suffer hearing loss.

Wayne

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Excellent capture. Got to love the vocal female and the indifferent look of the male. Good detail. Great perch and nice background. Well done.

1 Like

John, I love the title, it just fits. Looks like the female is giving the male the “what were you thinking” talk. Nice perch and background.

Cool shot. I like the story it tells too. Maybe he’s saying, “Yes, dear”. A keeper.

Excellent work! I am enjoying the comp, colors, perch, detail, and background

I love the interaction, Wayne. Detail and exposure both look great. I think the composition might have worked better if you framed it with the left edge eliminating the larger slightly out of focus branch and with corresponding more room on the right. That is one gorgeous perch.