White Crowned Sparrow calling

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is an older image that I have reprocessed with new tools. I apologize for not being more present on the site but I have had some health issues which prevent me from doing a lot of things. There have been so many changes to Photoshop and other software in the AI era that it is hard to keep up. I will make more of an effort to be visible in the future.

Technical Details

ISO 800, 600 mm, F10, 800th, D500

1 Like

Excellent detail to show off the singing pose. I like the perch and background. Glad to see you back posting.

Another excellent shot, David. Details are great, and the pose is awesome on a terrific perch. Well done.

I hope you’re feeling better, whether or not you’re posting.

Glad to see you posting David. I think this is a stellar shot - love the singing pose and complimentary BG. Nice perch too. This all comes together to make a striking image IMO.

I’m happy to see you on the forum again, David. As usual, you have a great perch and the singing pose is excellent. Plumage detail looks really good.

Sorry things have kept you from us & your photography, but I hope you are on the mend. And thanks for digging in your archives for this one. Worth it! What energy and purpose in this image. There’s a tiny bit of haloing I see, especially around the beak and head. Could be a masking thing, but those are tricky. Super shot.

Very nice image of the sparrow, David. Good angle, interesting perch and nice clean background. Echo Kristen’s observations - there appears to be some sharpening artifacts in around the sparrow.

Hi David,

What a delightful image of this Sparrow calling out! :slight_smile:
It’s wonderfully composed with lots of fine details, the pose is great and the smooth BG with the complimentary color is what makes this so delightful.

I hope your health issues become a thing of the past real soon!

Thanks for posting, David! :slight_smile:

David–I hope that you are feeling better. Awesome post processing for this sparrow. You can tone down the sharpening a tad because this image does need a lot. Perfect for printing–Awesome job…Jim