Winter Fox

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any that you have.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Trying to convey the serenity and beauty of this lone fox laying in the snow curled up staying warm with that magnificent tail.

As 2019 comes to a close, I feel blessed to have had some wonderful opportunities to enjoy my passion of photography in the past 12 months. Here’s an image from Yellowstone of a beautiful fox curled up staying warm. A magical place in the winter!!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Olympus EM-1 Mark II
300mm f/4 with 1.4x
1/800, f/8, ISO 800

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Keith, a wonderful winter scene. The placement of the fox in the image and the opportunity to clearly see the open & intense eye stare is stunning… :+1: :+1:

Stunning is a good word for this image, I think, Keith. I too love the placement of the fox, and his stare at you. Wonderful color and details in the fox, and he stands out with the rest of the image of snow. He looks lonely and cold. I feel blessed too, even if I don’t get out as much as I used to, I still have figured out ways to shoot some photos here and there, mainly here at home. Thank you for sharing this beautiful image from Yellowstone in winter. I may not ever get to experience that in person, but enjoying this at my computer.

I love the photo Keith, it tells a story for sure. The contrast really brings the focus right to the center without having any distractions from snow detail, awesome photo!!!

Lovely image, Keith, and it helps get me in the mood for my impending return to the park.

Nice to see the alert ears and open eyes, and I like your choice of including all the clean snow in the foreground.

Max

Like the setting and the look it gave you. :smiley:

Absolute beauty.
Grt, Ingrid.

Kieth, lovely to be able to catch this wonderful image. Love the placement of the fox on a very clean canvas. Great exposure on the fox without loosing any detail of the snow…not an easy feat. Now you have me excited for our trip to Yellowstone in February. Suggestions??

I think that this is a great representation of a fox in winter conditions. Richard

Beautiful image! You retained excellent detail in the snow! I really like your choice of composition, as well.