Winter Garden

Cottonwood and high desert brush contrast with winter conditions on the Sierra peaks. Captured shortly before sunrise. Interested in all comments/suggestions.

5DSr, Canon 70-200 f/4 @ 121mm
4 sec, f/16, ISO 100

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Another fine one from the east side, Dave. Great layering front to back and a real excellent scene. You had quite a productive trip. You are posting some beauties.

1 Like

Another East Side beauty, Dave. I have been to this area in years past (I won’t give it away) and I never saw conditions like this. The color is wonderful, and the array of textures is excellent.
–P

1 Like

I love that pink layer… The best for me I think of this series. Terrific lighting top to bottom.

1 Like

Dave, an excellent follow up to your wonderful previous image from the 395 corridor. I have to say the high desert look with snow covered sierra range is as good as it gets IMO. You’ve photographed a stunner here…:sunglasses:
The area has produced many fine images over the years and of course much pleasure for all of us who have been there…:+1:

1 Like

Dave,

Beautiful. The light is a bit more subdued here, but the colors bring out the layering beautifully. Another beauty from this area of the Eastern Sierra.

Lon

1 Like

Stunning, a definite keeper.

1 Like