Wood Hyacinth (thanks Dennis and Ed)

I think I knew what this was, and it was less than two weeks ago that I took this photo, but now I can’t remember and can’t find it.

I love these tiny purple flowers. They had a soft look, and I wanted to maintain and convey that look.

Specific Feedback Requested

General feedback.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Please advise if there is any way to copy and paste EXIF information. Thank you.

@barbjgraham

Barbara: Really great to see you posting in Flora and with such a fine image to boot. I’m not sure of the ID but I really like the subject and your capture. Your DOF management is especially complementary to the subject. Great to have you aboard and looking forward to more. >=))>

1 Like

A wonderful composition with the diagonal leaves balancing the delicate flowers. You did maintain a soft look.

I can’t help with the ID, but the location might help others.

1 Like

Wonderful shot, Barbara. Blurred light green BG sets off the magenta flowers. Diagonal leaves add some movement to the otherwise calm image.

1 Like

Hi Barbara. Beautiful image with the flowers very well portrayed and a superb background. I think this is a Wood Hyacinth (loose clusters of purple or white bell shaped flowers maybe 3/4 of an inch long on 6 inch stems with daylily like leaves about the same length as the flower stems in a cluster around the flowers). They love shady areas and naturalize easily.

1 Like

I uploaded your image to the website below for identification, and it came back as wood hyacinth, just as @Dennis_Plank thought.

I have used this website in the past to ID plants, and it usually does an amazingly good job. It has come in handy a few times.

1 Like

I am enjoying the soft focus of the flowers and the composition you chose. Excellent image.

1 Like