Woodland Waterfall

I finally found some time to go out and shoot some landscapes again. Winter has come and gone, at least in the pre-alpine area. The first sings of spring are already starting to show themselves in the forests. Ideal conditions to shoot some waterfalls.

Sony a7iii, 70-200 @ 108mm, f/8.0, iso 100, CPL, tripod

Looks like Spring snow melt water. Ourr snow is still piling up. It will be a couple more months before I’ll see scenes like this. Nicely shot with excellent detail in the rocks and moss.

This image has an excellent spring feel to it, Martin. It even looks like there’s new growth showing on the evergreen above the falls. That’s a beautiful little falls.

Thanks Gary! To be honest I would have preferred a longer winter but it has been unusual warm this year.

Martin, this is a fine looking waterfall with lots of nice green surroundings. I like that you’ve kept the stream leading to the falls in the view as that adds nicely to the context. There’s a very nice sense of quiet peace in this view.

Love this. We don’t get this green around here this much. It almost glows green.

Thank you! No wonder that Styria is called the green heart of Austria :grin: