Yellowstone River, side channel

Going the opposite way colorwise from my previous post, here’s a look at a side channel of the Yellowstone River taken last week with fall colors near their peak. That’s Emigrant Peak on the right in the distance. (5D3, 24-104 F4 IS II @ 31mm, 1/15s, f/11, iso 200, tripod and polarizer, with some dodging of the sky to reduce the polarizer angle effects)

This is really beautiful Mark. Terrific leading lines, foreground interest and wonderful perfectly exposed aspen and alder fall color. A very well-balanced image. You are fortunate to be in Montana this time of year. I lived in Colorado for 10 years and I miss the fall color, probably more so than when I lived in the East Coast. While we do get some color in the Pacific Northwest, it is short-lived and minimal by comparison.

Mark, very nice indeed. The large version has a strong sense of standing right there and taking it all in. No thoughts of change on this one at all. Just a fine look at this area along the side channel of the Yellowstone. Emigrant Peak provides a nice backdrop to this change of season look too. I forgot to mention the nice reflection also…got it all…:sunglasses: