Yin and Yang

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was in a hide in Victoria, Australia on Philip Island. This is one of the images I captured. I enjoy the juxtaposition between the frenzied activity of the swan and the calm of the duck.

Specific Feedback

Nothing special as it is a moment in time.

Technical Details

OM-1, 300mm, ISO 320, 1/1000s, F4. No special processing from RAW other than cropping to 4x5

I love the contrast between the two, Mark. The relative positions in the frame works very well. Just a presentation suggestion, but with the dull gray of the water, some kind of border on the image would help keep everything gathered together.

I like the diagonal aspect of the composition. Well titled and nice looks at both birds. To Dennis’s point about the water, I wonder if adjusting the white balance to add a hint of blue would work.

Thank you @Dennis_Plank @Allen_Brooks both for your suggestions. I shall try a border and the hint of blue.
Most of the images during this session in a hide were poor given the distance and flat light, however, I think that birds just doing their thing was an interesting takeaway.

Hi Mark, nice poses from both birds as they seem to be caught up in their own specific action. As you mention, I like the splashing water around the swan and the calm of the duck. Nice contrast.