You're Funny looking

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below. !

Hi Kory !
Welcome to NPN !
Very interesting image to start your account, they look quite like young girls, chatting and moving around. And different positions are holding the composition very nicely. You may add a touch more canvas on both the sides, left and right.
Looking forward to more images from your portfolio !

Cheers !

1 Like

Wonderful image. Seems like it might make a good card, post or otherwise. Could be for lots of different occasions. Where and how did you capture these beauties?

The Texas state Aquarium. they have an underwater viewing area and a trainer was there she said I will get you a great photo get ready!!

Kory, welcome to NPN! This is a really fun shot, with perfect poses and good detail given that it was shot through glass.

Two notes to help with future posts:

Per the forum rules, this image would be more appropriate for the Human and Fauna category (where captive animal images are shared).

Also, it really helps us when you can provide more information about your images in a post (background story, or at least subject and location), as well as photo specs. The latter is sort of an NPN tradition, something that has been really helpful in allowing our fellow photographers to learn more about how the great photos here are produced.

Max

Hi Kory. Another welcome to NPN. this got snuck into Human and Fauna without my even catching it. The trainer was right-you caught a great image here. I agree with Jagdeep that a touch more room on both sides to give the dolphins some breathing room would be nice. Water does strange things to colors as it absorbs the reds and accents the blues. You might look at reducing the blue saturation a bit on the lower bodies of the dolphins-it looks on the edge of garish to my eyes.

As Max noted, telling us what camera settings, focal length of lens and general information about the shot is helpful in critiquing. I don’t think it is the case here, but another issue we run into a lot in wildlife photography is very large crops, so it’s helpful to tell us if you post an image that’s cropped significantly.

Welcome again.