American Tree Sparrow

Image:

Description:

Happy Holidays. Went out for a few minutes this morning during a nice snow squall and was able to capture this American tree sparrow feeding on goldenrod seeds. I decided not to crop this one tight and left a generous amount of real estate around the subject.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Z9 600mm f4 (1/1600 sec. at f8, ISO 1600) Crop for comp, Topaz DeNoise, Shadows and Highlights, Brightness & Contrast. Enjoy…Jim

2 Likes

Perfect!!! Gorgeous background and composition. I can hear the quiet of the snow.
Glad to see it has something to eat.
Happy holidays!

1 Like

Really nice Jim - I like the composition with the upright stalk that compliments the color of the bird. Nice sharpness and background too. Well done.

1 Like

I agree with your choice not to crop., as my first thought was that I liked the composition. The setting helps make the shot. Very picturesque.

1 Like

I love everything about this image, Jim. I don’t think it needs to be cropped at all. Love the composition and the colors. Great catch!

1 Like

I’m in agreement with everyone on this one. How fortunate to be able to catch snow and Sun at the same time.

1 Like

This is very, very nice. The environment is a great addition, but more importantly for me, you didn’t crop the image. Perfect example of why including the environment is so important… context matters. Lovely image.

2 Likes

Thank you @NPN_Editor for the EP and to @Keith_Bauer , @Allen_Brooks , @Robena.Sirett , @Allen_Sparks , @Donna_Callais , and @David_Schoen . Now to Minnesota for great gray owls, evening grosbeaks, and maybe a porcupine…Jim