Bald Eagle Lift Off

We found this eagle sitting on an old osprey nest.

Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600C
ISO 800, f6.3, 1/1600s, hand held from boat

Any comments appreciated.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@allensparks.wildlife

4 Likes

I am really impressed with your hand holding skills in a boat ! Not easy at all for me to hand hold on solid ground. I love the bird and it’s body and wing positions as well as the background. My only nit is the lone stick raising out of the nest draws my eye away from the bird. I would consider cloning it out. Wonderful shot!

A very nice look at the eagle taking off. Looks great against the background. I was also drawn to the stick, not sure whether to leave it or not as it does seem to add to the action of taking off.

A wonderful in flight shot of this beautiful eagle, Allen. I think the stick that is up in the air actually gives it more info that the eagle definitely was taking off from the nest, and the stick was kicked up. Great shot! Just wish it was mine! :grinning:

Yes!! This is lovely. The power of the eagle on full display, the great background, and I love the stick. Wouldn’t change a thing. Very, very nice.

Beautiful image with wonderful color and action. Good color contrast. Looks great on a large monitor. Your whole series from the swamp is quite pleasing. Looks like it was worth the drive. What percentage of full frame is this image?

Thank you for the comments everyone!

@David_Schoen, this is 56% of full frame.
I was trying to get my ISO down all morning - fortunately we found this eagle late in the morning when the day was brightest. I started the morning at ISO 1600 which would make cropping more of a problem with noise so I am glad I was able to take this at ISO 800. It was cloudy all weekend.

Hi Allen
Love the Eagle and think the stick just add to the power of the photograph.
Peter

Brilliant image - the colors are so deep and warm. The Eagle is awesome. Excellent work. Cheers, Hans

Dandy take off shot Allen. And good for you to get the exposure on the whites. Looks great with that bg.

Beautiful shot - I really love the background colors to highlight the eagle.

The lovely fall background makes this shot Allen, beautifully done!

Congratulations on the year-end selection, Allen. Love the background in this shot.

Max

1 Like

Although late the party here @Allen_Sparks, Congratulations on a spectacular image. Stunning image of a magnificent bird and the lift from the nest is beautifully positoned.

1 Like