Beach on Yellowstone Lake

I was expecting to not have a contribution for this week’s challenge, but on a beautiful fall day, my roaming in Yellowstone took me past Yellowstone Lake, where I noticed that there were some beaches. This view is along a bar between the lake (on the left) and a pool that may be fed by the hot springs in the distance. (I wasn’t willing to go up and check for a direct connection. :smile: )

5D3, 24-105 @ 28mm, 1/100 s, f/16, iso 400, tripod and polarizer

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Glad you found a beach, Mark. It’s been a while since I’ve seen Yellowstone Lake. Do you think those are bison tracks on the beach? Hopefully the cutthroat are making a comeback on the lake. Nice image, good thing this beach isn’t crowded.

Mark: Like Gary I’m wondering about the tracks; seems like too many for people. I like the leading line to the steam and just the right amount of sky for my tastes. Well done. >=))>

Nice contribution to the challenge Mark. The lead-in feature of this image is classic and beautifully photographed and framed. One can really see the difference between the cool water and the mineral water (from hot springs.) I can see why you might have been hesitant to investigate further down…
The steam as well as the clouds are a nice end to the view as your eye is drawn in.

Lon

@Gary_Phillips, @Bill_Fach, The tracks were almost entirely Elk (no humans, until mine and I had to walk a bit to get here), the surrounding area is heavily wooded so there aren’t many Bison. I did see a medium sized bull elk (5x5) up the road shortly after we left.