Bearded Iris - Oil Painting

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

This was created by taking this image that I posted a couple of weeks ago:

and importing it into my iPad Pro. I then used Adobe Fresco and my Apple Pencil to hand oil paint the image. After the Oil painting process was complete, I took it back to my Mac for a couple of simple adjustments to deal with contrast. This is the final result. I’m curious what your reaction to this image is. It was certainly a fun exercise.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Original image: Olympus EM1-II, 60mm macro, 50 image focus stack.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Certainly a big change from the original, Keith, and one that I like a lot. You did a beautiful job painting this and I think you picked just the right areas to emphasize with a bit more detail. I am curious about the frame. Is the difference in widths intentional?

oops. That was a screw up I intended to fix. I’ve updated the post with a frame that is more consistent in size. Not sure I really even like it, but it was easier to get this set up in Fresco with the frame. Thanks for catching that.

Keith: Both renditions are terrific but I do like the painted version. While technically perfect, the straight shot just does not impact me the way the painted one does. Not sure how else to explain it other than the :scream:meter spiked higher on the oil paint. Well done. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Maybe we should start a new fashion in the art world with asymmetrical frames.