Bumblebee roosting on Goldenrod

A cold and dewy day, but worth getting out. Nowadays, the yield is very low, but there are some unexpected finds. such as this.

What technical feedback would you like if any? any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + tripod

f/11, 1/20, ISO 800
ACR, PSCC. A few small oof goldenrod removed from both right and left bottom.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Ravi, this is an amazing find and capture. The dew all over the bee just is most unusual to see. I don’t think I have ever seen a bee that had dew all over it. As great as this shot is, I hate to even nit pick, but I’m wondering if you could calm the brightness down on the dew drops on the top portion of the Goldenrod? It almost seems blown out there. If I was the owner of this excellent image, I might would consider cropping a bit off from the right, just for a better composition. What a shot though, Ravi. Glad you were able to see and capture this. You are right, it is harder to get out and find shots these days.

Ravi: Terrific find indeed and a terrific capture to complement it. The large version is a delight, allowing a look into those little refractive windows in the dew drops. Most excellent! :+1: :+1:>=))>

Thanks Shirley and Bill, I am reposting with a small crop on right and decreased whites on the dew drops.

Oh, I think that improved it, Ravi. Excellent capture, I just wish it was mine. :grinning: :+1: :+1:

Ravi, that’s one cold looking bee. The details look great with the bee, all of the dew and the flower nicely sharp. The tighter view is a nice, subtle improvement.