California Thrasher

In habitat. Afternoon lighting from behind. This is a very large crop; 10% of full frame. But I think it holds up pretty well.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
ISO 500, 400+1.4 X, F6 .3, 1600th, Sony alpha-1, handheld, 9.8 megapixels out of 50 megapixels.

2 Likes

Nice shot of an interesting bird. I see nothing not to like here. Good detail and nice color.

Oh, and I like the crop.

Hi David,

You handled the challenging lighting very well. Your crop provides an ideal comp and details have held up well. A small amount of fill flash could have been used, but I agree with Terry in that there is a lot to like with this shot. Well done…Jim

A real nice composition. Great perch area and nice complementary background. Good pose with the open beak. Nice detail and great to see it out in the open. I’ve seen a few, but they’re usually in the ISO 6400 underbrush. Yes, the crop held up very well.

I like the habitat comp and the Thrasher’s open beak, The background fits the bird I might be tempted to remove the long twig that is tight to the head and give more space to that nice singing pose. Focus holds up well with the crop.

The crop holds up quite well, David. Nice one indeed.

I enjoyed this nice habitat image. Pose is great.