Catasetum Norm Tupper

This is a hybrid. An 18 stack image in Zerene stacker
Lots of things to juggle in doing these studio shots. I’m learning a lot with respect to lighting and shadows, what to keep in focus with respect to the stacks, color balance, etc.

What technical feedback would you like if any? A question about specular highlights especially those on the right side of the bottom leaf along the edge. Polarizer? The small ones were cloned out. Large ones; not so sure what to do.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso-100, 105 mm macro, F6 .3, 60th, D 850, 18 image stack done with control my Nikon 5.5 and processed in Zerene.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Second version with color balance refined…

David: What an interesting variety. I do think the color corrected version is a nice improvement. Good looking stack as well. :+1: :+1:>=))>

David, Nice stack work. I like the second image better. Details look good. Interesting flower.

David, this is quite the “down the throat” view. Your stack looks perfect. The rebalanced colors are notably better, especially for the spots in the upper petal.

I envy your orchid collection. This variety is particularly interesting in shape and color. I prefer the second image as well.