Cattleya forbesii

10 layer stack in Zerene Stacker

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Does the green on green BG work?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 200, 105 macro, f8, 40th, D850, Control My Nikon 5.5+ for stack, studio shot, 60% full frame

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Very nicely made. I like green on green with varying shades of green in the flowers and the leaves. Lighting is excellent bringing the tonal ranges in green. The flower on the top is a little soft compared to the one in the foreground. selective sharpening may improve it.

Interesting orchid variety. My only suggestion to improve would be a less similar color of flower to background. Believe it would give more depth of field to the flower. I am enjoying your photo exploration of the orchids. Thanks for posting.

Gorgeous! I love the green on green – there is enough separation of the flower from the BG for me. It had a mysterious look. Wonderful lighting. My only thought is just a curiosity – the green-on-green leans toward a green cast, which may be just what you want. I assume you’ve probably tried some small tweaks of the tone and tint sliders – they can often reveal surprising but subtle colors, which may or may not be an interesting different look here.

David: Very nicely done. I think the green on green works well here. Your orchids are great subjects. Keep them coming. >=))>

David: I like the green on green and there is enough tonal separation so that the leaves are distinct from the b/g. The yellow of the flowers are little blasts of color that attract the eye in a very positive way. Well done. Richard