Close up of the belly of a Belliwump

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The mythical magical belliwump
Has a very fine belly indeed.
It’s blue and it’s red and its fur is so soft
You just have to pet it: you’ll see.

Specific Feedback

Whatever you feel like saying and whatever interpretation you care to make of this one.

Technical Details

Original image: Sony A7Riv, FE 70-200 F/4 Macro, tripod, F/16, iso 64, 1/5 sec.

6 Likes

Can I just say WOW! Love the colors, textures, belliwump-ness of it. Feather-y appearance and colors evoke a Native American feel for me.

Dennis, to use a leftover from the holidays “It’s joyful AND triumphant”! You gave me my symmetry fix for the day. Love the colors and the uniqueness of this image. Thanks for sharing it!

Wow indeed! How about a Rising Phoenix? I think that’s suitable as well. But your mythical beast works too. :slight_smile: I see some pretty colorful angel wings too.

My analytical side wants to break this down and figure it out… and I do see the flowing and splashing water… but then I have to stop myself and just enjoy this fantastic abstract! The colors, almost as textures themselves are just wonderful.

This is inspiring Dennis! I want to start playing around more with the possibilities! Well done!

Fantastic Dennis! I see the top side of a moth but also feathers. Wonderful colors and visual design!

Fantastically wonderful!! All said above!

I love the colors. This really engages the imagination. It suggests something avian to me. It feels as though it should be centered and is slightly off.

Nicely done, Dennis! I loved the poem to go with it, too.

Dennis, this is a lovely mystical dancer. The gentle, inviting colors are an added attraction.

@Dennis_Plank, wonderful image! The colors are lovely and the lines graceful. Igor is right in that it seems avian.