Colorado Columbine

Did a little hike last weekend. The flowers are way behind here but are coming along nicely.

D850, 300 mm at f4, 1/320 second, 64 ISO, handheld .

I did take a twig out in post.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

You should have named this “Standing Proud”. The flower seems to have its head high with the flowing petals blowing in the wind. Great background as well. No nits from me.

Oh my, you couldn’t ask for better columbine picture than this. The blue color of the petals looks absolutely gorgeous, and the color of the background ain’t too shabby either :grinning:

I like the amount of breathing room you left around the flower, the spacing of this flower within the image is perfect. A wonderful image Kathy…

Wonderful capture of this beautiful flower, Kathy. “Standing Proud” does seem to fit. You can be proud of the way you captured it, in my opinion.

Kathy: Superb portrait of a beautiful flower. I didn’t see any when we were in Colorado in late May so this is a treat. Great find and an even better image.>=))>