Creatures?

A close up of an iced over puddle in a county road. The color is dirt and use of cloudy setting in camera.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I am not sure that I like the dark area on the left.

Technical Details

5DIV; 24/70 at 62; 6.3; iso 400; 1/320th; spot and cloudy; some dehaze. about 5% cropped off top.

2 Likes

Jim, this is so cool. It looks like a topographic overhead image from a drone or something. I was sure that’s what it was till I read your post. Wow. Great catch.

Jim, this is indeed an excellent job of seeing. I was thinking that of rocks, but having a hard time with the overlapping “bubbles” near the center left edge. It’s way better than rocks finding out that it’s and iced over mud puddle.

Jim, this makes me aware that I need to look at mud puddles in a whole different way! Who would have thought!

The textures and lines, the shapes and all the shades of brown makes this a delight. When I first saw the thumbnail I thought it was an aerial view. Very nice.

1 Like

David, Thanks. As kids we were reminded to “stop, look and listen” at railroad crossings. When I have a camera, I try to remember that; especially to look everywhere. In this case I was looking at a hillside for sheep. Seeing none, I was headed back to the car when I noticed the puddle. I didn’t notice it before.

1 Like

Jim: Really well seen and since there is no sense of scale this is a terrific abstract. I love the textures, lines and color palette especially. As for the dark area on the left edge, it really doesn’t bother me. I would definitely not crop it away because you would lose sone of that nice circle adjacent to it. Perhaps dodge it a touch but it’s not incongruous with the rest of the colors so doing nothing suits me just fine. Very nicely done. >=))>

@Bill_Fach @Shirley_Freeman @Mark_Seaver Thank you for you comments. They are much appreciated.

1 Like

What an intriguing abstract! Completely wonderful, and double the points for seeing it!! Congratulations on the EP – so well deserved!

@Diane_Miller Thank you. Been a bit of a down week. The EP, which was totally unexpected, certainly made things a lot brighter.